At the moment, immunity health has never been so important, so keeping it on track as part of our list of things to do is highly recommended. For us at home, immunity is top of mind and collectively we are using good real food, sleep and stress management to get us through. My top tip to boost immunity is to focus on your gut health through food, so you can be fighting off those viruses and pathogens that we are up against at the moment.
- Approximately 70-90% of your immune system is determined by the state of your gut health, which impacts how our body handles those bugs and viruses that we come into contact with.
- Foods that support your gut health include broth, quality yoghurts and fermented foods like sauerkraut kimchi, kefir and kombucha. Watch out for my video on how to make sauerkraut at home – coming soon!
- Drinking a nourishing cup of bone broth daily does wonders for your gut – it contains collagen and arginine to support a healthy immune system, glycine for healthy liver function and gelatine to promote a healthy gut lining and aid food allergies.
- If you can make a big pot of broth to provide that daily cuppa then great. But if like me, you are stretched for time and quality 100% organic Australian beef bones to keep a perpetual broth going, the Gevity Rx body glue bone broth concentrate range is the next perfect option.
- My favourite Gevity Rx flavour, AM Cleanse (part of their Performance range), is an immunity superstar with ingredients like lemon, ginger, turmeric and organic apple cider vinegar. There is also a Culinary range which you can drink and incorporate into your cooking at home, so the whole family gets the extra nutrients they need to help nourish their gut and immune systems. The concentrate carries 10x more animo acids than a regular broth per gram and 16x more health fats and has been proven to be the most advanced nutrient dense commercial broth in the world! Each jar has 26 serves making it much cheaper than a cup of coffee! Culinary range retails for $35 per jar and Performance retails for $37.
- Need to order the broth concentrate? Contact me here to order the 100% Australian owned Gevity Rx body glues. Discounts for three or more bottles in any one purchase apply till the 15th April 2020.
Quite seriously broth is an easy digestible food, satiates you and promotes a healthy gut. It’s a no brainer to keeping your immunity in check. Be sure to check back for some more immunity tips that I will be sharing over the next little while with you!